Friday, February 22, 2008

Thursday, February 21 - Chipotle

I'm a day late with this post. Bite me.

So I have to review some report comments, and need to sit down and take some time to think about edits. So I go to my favorite haunt for this - the Chipotle in DuPont (aka Gazuza Chipotle).

Now, I realize that there is another Chipotle at 19th and M. But the line there is ridiculous - you'll be in line a good 20 minutes most days. Its fine for ordering in and picking up, but if you need to sit down and read something, hells no. Plus, its nice to stretch the legs, and in the springtime its never bad to get out, walk a few more blocks, and enjoy the springtime fashions. And, from the old office, I believe that it was actually quicker. Plus, I have a Greenpeace girl who tries to get me to sign up every time. And every time, I say no. Note: when it is below freezing, do not try to get people to sign up for global warming awareness. 1) its too damn cold to be standing around outside and 2) when its this cold, I'm starting to think its a farce - I ain't buying. Talk to me when its 75 degrees in January, and I'll sign up.

So, I go in, and easily get a table to sit down and read and enjoy my burrito bowl. I can't justify the burrito anymore - that shell is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure it will fill a 16 oz cup. I don't need that. So my standard order is:

  • bowl
  • rice
  • black beans
  • chicken
  • medium corn and hot salsa
  • quacamole
  • cheese

Final calorie tally: 997. (source: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator) Not bad, honestly - I know that people always complain about the calorie tally there. Look - if I consume 1,000 calories per meal, three meals per day, I'm doing just fine. I walk a mile to and from work each way every day, go to the gym, and this walk alone is probably 3/4 of a mile. I need 3,000 calories per day. The sodium scares me, though. This bad boy hits my sodium number for the day. That's kind of scary. I have blood pressure issues. Total cost, including soft drink - $9 something. For a quantity of food I normally can't finish. Acceptable.

Also: I realize that part of this blog is being anti-chain. I know this. But I like Chipotle, dammit. Plus, they claim to try to buy organic and local whenever possible. So I can support it. Being owned by Colorado hippies, however, I don't condone this.

No comments: